Out of many tourist places to visit in Kolkata, Nature Park is one such attraction that offers a pleasant atmosphere with scenic surroundings to relax and unwind away from everyday hustle and bustle. It is a go-to spot for locals looking to spend some quality time together in the evening and can also be explored by families with children.
Kids will love this place as it boasts several small rides for their entertainment. Here you’ll also find a zoo where you can stop to have a close interaction with animals like peacocks and rabbits. What else? Adults can enjoy boating on the lake along with strolling in a flower garden that provides shelter to a variety of flora. Overall, it won’t be wrong to say that the Nature Park is an outstanding place in Kolkata for a fun-filled day outing.
Things to do at Nature Park, Kolkata
1. Nature Walks: Walk hand-in-hand together to admire its well-maintained environment. It has beautiful walkways for people to enjoy evening strolls. Whenever you feel tired, you can sit on the seating arrangements beside the walkways to freshen up.
2. Boating: Try your hand at boating on a wide-spread lake located within the park. Not only does it add a fun factor to your overall visit but it also allows you to soak in its beauty at its best. It charges INR 50 per person for speed boats and INR 100 for paddle boats for half an hour.
3. Picnic: Carry your picnic basket with refreshing and go-to snacks to have a great time with your family members. It has numerous picnic spots for people of all age groups. In case you wish to have outside food, you can have phuchka, bhelpuri, tea, and coffee from various stalls.
4. Photography: Don’t miss bringing your camera along. The Nature Park offers numerous opportunities for shutterbugs to click some worth-admiring pictures of the surroundings you’ll cherish forever. One can also capture a diverse range of birds moving from here to there through photography.
Entry Fee and Timings of Nature Park, Kolkata
The entry fee to visit Nature Park in Kolkata is INR 25 per person. It welcomes people from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM on all days and the ideal exploration time is 1-2 hours.
Best Time to Visit Nature Park, Kolkata
October to March is the best time to plan a getaway to the Nature Park. During this period, the weather is more pleasant with cooler temperatures, making it great for outdoor activities and exploration.
While the city experiences hot and humid weather during the summer season which ranges from April to June, mornings and evenings might be suitable for a park visit. No matter what time you visit, make sure to enjoy your time to the fullest.
Travel Tips for Nature Park, Kolkata
- Try to come early in the morning to have a good amount of time in hand.
- There is plenty of parking space available for bikes and cars at minimal charges, which means you need not worry about your vehicle safety.
- Many small snack stalls are available within the premises of the park. However, if you’re looking for a proper lunch/dinner menu, it is recommended to bring your food from home.
How to Reach Nature Park, Kolkata?
To be there at Nature Park which is nearly 2.5 km away from Taratala in Kolkata, you can choose to commute via airways, railways, or roadways. Once you’re in the city, you can look for public transportation or simply book a private taxi from the list of top car rental companies in Kolkata to be there at your desired destination with ease. The choice is yours!
Always consider the current traffic conditions and check for any specific landmarks or directions related to your destination within Taratala. Additionally, since road networks and conditions may change, it's advisable to use real-time navigation tools for the most accurate directions.
Explore Nature Park and other popular sightseeing places in Kolkata with our Kolkata tour packages. We at Kolkata Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, have different travel packages for different types of travelers. Our team of experts can also help you alter the Kolkata tour packages as per your holiday needs. You can also opt for our all-inclusive packages to enjoy your Kolkata tour at reasonable prices. Please fill out the Contact Us form for more details.