Wet-O-Wild is one of the most popular water parks in Kolkata which boasts of having a 48 feet waterfall named as the Niagara Falls. The theme park is also popularly known as ‘The Pirates Bay’ and ‘Disneyland of Bengal’.
The Wet-O-Wild Park draws maximum attention during summers when folks hop in here to get some respite from the hot and humid weather that Kolkata is famous for. If summers are to take the heat off, winters attract the tourists to Wet-O-Wild to have a splash in water and soak under the winter sun within the deer park premises situated inside.
The Park also has a bowling alley with an attached restobar. Apart from the famous Niagara Falls, other water rides are also quite famous among the visitors.
The Array of Water Rides in Wet-O-Wild Kolkata
1. Wave Runner: The Wave Runner ride is a high- speed mat racer that offers total thrill and adrenaline rush. The serpentine lanes enclosed alongside each other allow friends to take the ride together.
2. Wave Pool: The artificial wave pool is one of the most popular attractions of Wet-O-Wild and visitors love it here. They spend their time at leisure enjoying the intermittently oncoming waves.
3. River Cave: The first ever dark ride in India, the River Cave is the most exhilarating ride in Wet-O-Wild. The ride is on paddle boats and as one rides through the dark cave, there are unannounced elements and surprise visits from dinosaurs and cross volcanoes and wildfires. There’s a huge T-rex awaiting visitors as the boat bends to turn towards the other side of the cave.
4. Niagara Falls: The most popular attraction of Wet-O-Wild that almost stands out from the lot is the 48- foot giant falls which is named after the famous Niagara Falls. Dancing under the giant falls is an experience on its own.
5. Body Slide: A splash drop in water starting from the curvy lane to the pool of water, the Body Slide is an amazing fun ride through twists and twirls.
6. Family Swirl: A family ride as the name suggests, you hop on to a tube and take the plunge with several exciting twists and turns on the way. There are nearly 4- 5 vertical oscillations before the final plunge.
7. Lazy River Ride: The name pretty much explains the nature of this ride. You may want to explore this ride after a scrumptious and heavy afternoon meal. Get on to a raft and laze around without any worries about anything.
8. Tube Slide: A total thrill ride with twists and turns at super high speed that will compel you to yell your way down into a pool of water.
9. Rain Dance: As the name suggests, you dance to the beats of the live DJ under a shower of water.
10. Pirate Bay: Built around 10,000 square feet pool, the Pirate Bay is a 10 platform multi ride complex that has 6 water slides. The slides are a mix for both children and adults.
11. Crusader Ride: A mix of slide and tube, the crusader ride is among the most thrilling rides in Wet-O-Wild.
Location of Wet-O-Wild Kolkata
Wet-O-Wild is located in Salt Lake Sector Five, off the Eastern Metropolitan Bypass in Kolkata. Being a common landmark, there are quite a few routes that lead to Wet-O-Wild.
Food at Wet-O-Wild Kolkata
The rides and activities make one hungry and there are multiple options to salvage your famished tummies here at Wet-O-Wild.
1. Bowler’s Den: This is a rooftop restaurant that serves Tandoori and Chinese cuisine. Additionally, you can enjoy your meal with the view of the park below.
2. Food Park: The food park offers a variety of Indian cuisine ranging from North Indian to South Indian to Bengali including Chinese and other fast foods.
3. Beach Café Restaurant: Located by the pool, dining at the Beach Café Restaurant gives vibes of beachside experience. The only catch is that the restaurant is pure vegetarian and will be disappointing for non-vegetarians. However, the menu here is very pocket friendly.
Timings and Entry Fees of Wet-O-Wild Kolkata
Timings: Entry to the water park is allowed from 10:30 AM to 5:30 PM and the rides operate from 10:45 AM to 6:30 PM.
Entry Fees: Entry fees of Wet-O-Wild is INR 750 per head which includes participation in all rides. There is also an annual package worth INR 1100 per head.
How to Reach Wet-O-Wild Kolkata
Due to its location right in the heart of the city, it is necessary for anyone to first get to the city of Kolkata. The different modes of transport that one can use to reach Wet-O-Wild are mentioned below:
By Air: Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport (CCU) is the nearest airport to reach Kolkata by flight. From the airport one could take any of the local buses or book a cab from top car rental companies in Kolkata to Wet-O-Wild.
By Train: The nearest train stations that are accessible to and from Wet-O-Wild are Sealdah, Howrah and Kolkata (Chitpur) stations. Being major stations, all these train stations are connected to all parts of the country via rail network. Wet-O-Wild is easily accessible by buses, taxis or rental cars from all the three train stations. There are several buses that connect Wet-O-Wild to all parts of the city.
Bus: Being a popular destination and a tourist place, one will get an array of local or interstate buses that will take a visitor to Wet-O-Wild from almost all main junctions of the city.
Metro Routes: At present, there aren’t any metro routes connecting directly to the Wet-O-Wild theme park yet. However, the park will be getting a metro station of its own in a few months’ time as a new route is under construction. There are no train stations close to the water park either, the closest one being Sealdah, which also happens to be one of the main train stations in Kolkata.
Since the water park is very close to one of the main business centres of the city, one can also opt for using shuttle services that run from various parts of the city till here. The shuttle services include vans, cars, even buses at times.
Places to visit near Wet-O-Wild Kolkata
1. Nicco Park: The most famous amusement park in Kolkata, Nicco Park is located right adjacent to Wet-O-Wild within a single complex.
2. Nalban Boating Complex: Famously known as ‘Lover’s Point’, the Nalban Boating complex is a place to kick back and relax. True to its name, the boating complex is frequented mostly by couples and is located adjacent to Nicco Park.
3. Salt Lake Stadium: Also called as Vivekananda Yuva Bharati Krirangan, the Salt Lake Stadium is an iconic landmark of the city of Joy. It has the highest seating capacity of 85,000 people at a time, that of a multipurpose sports stadium in India. The FIFA Under 17 World Cup Match of 2017 was hosted here. Apart from this, the Salt Lake Stadium has been a host to several other national and international tournaments.
Visit Wet-O-Wild and other popular sightseeing places of Kolkata during your tour of the ‘City of Joy’. Choose from the various Kolkata Tour packages offered by Kolkata Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA according to your budget and other factors. Know more about our offerings by filling the Contact Us form and we will get back to you.